I am available for hire as an iOS tutor/teacher/consultant/mentor.
The goal is to help you develop your app, publish it on the App Store, and generate passive income for you!
- I made apps that generate passive income
- I worked for 2 Singapore startups: Hoiio and ShopBack
- I published 300+ technical articles
- On StackOverflow, I have 20,000+ reputation
Cost per hour
- Private 1 pax - S$100 (Singapore Dollars)
- Group 2 pax - S$70/pax
- Group 3 pax - S$60/pax
- Group 4 pax - S$50/pax
You are encouraged to form a group with your friends who are of the same level.
My preference is in the following order:
- My house (in Yishun, Singapore)
- Your house (in Singapore)
- Co-working space (at additional cost)
- Online via Zoom
Who is it for?
You must have a desire to create your own iOS/iPadOS/macOS app.
You must have a computer running macOS.
You need NOT have programming background.
Welcome all ages.
What will be covered?
I will cover whatever is needed to develop your app, and writing in good codes.
- Swift programming language
- Foundation framework
- Using tools: Xcode, CocoaPods, SPM, fastlane
- Designing user interface (UI) using Figma
- Coding UI using UIKit/SwiftUI
- Server architecture and API
- Data persistency and Core Data
- Device hardwares such as location, audio, camera
- Publishing app to App Store
We will adjust the pace as you progress. If you prefer to learn certain modules on your own via online tutorials, that is fine too. I will be a complement to your other resources, and provide more explanation if needed.
My value is in practical hands-on. I will help you with your actual project and fast-track you to the world of iOS app development.
Why am I doing this?
After I graduated from university in 2008, I was lucky that Apple released the first iOS SDK in the same year. I built some apps, put them on the App Store, and have been earning a passive income since then.
Recently, I went full-time indie, and I know it is financially possible.
Yet, more think it is not possible. The truth is – it is harder now than in 2008. But it is possible. I want more people to join me.
My goal is to help you create the app you love, and generate passive income for yourself.
If you like to hire me, email [email protected] with the subject “iOS Tutor”. Let me know your programming experience and we will plan for the sessions.