This is an insight into programmers’ favorite website, as I have unlocked the secret access. This post has screenshots of the analytic data, or you can also watch my vlog.
Post count in last 8 years
- Dropped 50% from 140k -> 70k
- Questions flipped answers; more questions than answers in 2023
StackOverflow is in a decline.
At the same time, they now have a tough competitor in ChatGPT! They banned ChatGPT on their platform, which is the right thing to do. ChatGPT answers are often incorrect (AI merely piecing things together), and often unoptimized.
- 96.7% from search
- Google is clearly the top
- 2.3% from referring sites
- The Russia site yandex.ru is top
- developer.apple.com is number 12!
Their SEO is very good, but that also means their reliance on search engine is very much.